Dr. Sajjan Rajpurohit
Principal Consultant- Medical Oncology & Centre Head
Max Multi-speciality Center, Noida
Max Super-Speciality Hospital, Vaishali
HOW TO MAKE HOME CANCER PROOF
#Cancer can never have you because you are much more than that. Be aware and stand tall against this disease let us all pledge together to fight against cancer.
#Cancer is a disease where myths can complicate and cause stress in an already complicated situation. Getting diagnosed for cancer does not mean that the person cannot be cured. There are several ways to treat and manage cancer – it all begins with the right information and awareness. Here are some additional myths and misconceptions associated with #cancer awareness and a look at what can you do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Your immune system plays a vital role in defending you against disease- causing microorganisms sometimes a germ invades your immune system and makes you sick. Having adequate diet high in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants strengthens a person’s immune response.
Cancer is when a cell grows abnormally and invades healthy cells in the body. Cancer starts in the cells then develop as group of cancer cells which effect the surrounding tissues or spreads (metastasize) to other parts of body.
Consider these cancer prevention tips:
- If you are having tobacco in any way stop it at once
- Eat a healthy diet, it increases your
- Do physical activity to maintain a healthy
- Protect yourself from harmful rays coming from sun
- Get vaccinated and undergo regular medical check ups.
Most #Indian Women do not show any concern about the #health of their #breasts until they hear news regarding someone they know being detected or dying of #cancer. #Research shows that #Lifestyle Changes can decrease the risk of #breast cancer, even in women at high risk. So if you’re interested in preventing cancer, make simple lifestyle changes which can make a difference. Consider these cancer- prevention tips.
Don’t smoke/ use tobacco
Smoking is related to various types of cancers including cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lung, pancreas, bladder, cervix and kidney. While chewing tobacco is related to cancer of the oral cavity and pancreas. Passive smoking may also increase your risk of lung cancer. Avoiding smoking, chewing tobacco or deciding to stop using tobacco plays important role in cancer prevention.
Eat a healthy diet
Making healthy selections in buying at the grocery store or mealtime reduces your risk of developing cancer. Consider these guidelines:
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and other foods from plant sources — such as whole grains and beans.
- Eat lighter by choosing fewer high-calorie foods. Avoid obesity.
- Drinking alcohol at regular basis may increase your chances of developing various types of cancer — including cancer of the breast, colon, lung, kidney and liver.
- World Health Organization and International Agency for Research on Cancer concluded that eating processed meat may slightly increase your risk for some types for
Mediterranean diet generally focuses on plant-based foods, such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains and nuts. Women who eat Mediterranean diet with extra-virgin olive oil might have a reduced risk of breast cancer.
- HEPATITIS B- it increase the risk of developing liver
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV). HPV is a sexually transmitted virus that leads to genital and cervical cancers, squamous cell cancers of the head and neck. Girls and boys of ages 11 and 12 are recommended to have HPV
Protect yourself from the sun
One of the most preventable cancers is skin cancer. You can reduce your chances of developing skin cancer trying these ways.
- Avoid midday sun. Stay indoors when sun rays are strongest during the
- Cover all exposed areas. Opt for bright or dark color clothes; wear loose fitting clothing that covers maximum part of your skin as
- Don’t skip on sunscreen use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF of at least 30, even on cloudy
- Stay in the shade as much as possible. When you’re outdoors, use sunglasses and a broad- brimmed hat too.
You should avoid sunlamps and tanning beds because these are as damaging as natural sunlight.
Do physical activity to maintain a healthy weight.
Maintaining a healthy weight reduces your risk of various types of cancer including breast cancer, lung, colon, prostate, and kidney. Physical activity not only help you maintain your weight but also lower your risk of breast cancer and colon cancer.
Get regular medical care
Regular self examinations and screenings for cancer increase your chances of discovering cancer early.
This information is for general guidance and reflects the opinions and experience of the author. It is not intended to replace specialist consultation or provide treatment advice for specific cases.